|View from the hotel room|
- I'm on a plane coming back from Austin Texas right now.
- Yes, again.
- It has been a long time since I've written anything for this blog or really anything other than emails at work.
- I really haven't been baking. Though I do have a few recipes that I want to post and hopefully will be posting soon.
- I was in Austin again for a conference, thankfully only four days this time, not two weeks like last.
- The food wasn't as good.
- I don't want to knock the people who worked hard to put the entire thing together, but when you're going to Texas for a conference people expect barbecue, not hamburgers one night and mini-hamburgers the next night.
- Myself and a few of my team had a barbecue fix this afternoon. We ate a lot. It was good. We were satisfied.
- I'm on a brand new plane and I can't figure out how to put the seat back.
- To be fair, I probably don't know how to do it on an old plane either.
- There was a lot more y'all in Texas this time. That was nice.
- Unfortunately the resort we were at was in the middle of no where, which made doing things a pain. Fortunately, they were good enough to shuttle us down to 6th street on one of the nights for a catered party and were nice enough to keep shuttles going back until 11:30pm.
- And yet, they messed up the barbecue thing.
- All the meals we had were some form of buffet.... none were barbecue.
- I promise that's the last time I will mention it.
- On the way to the airport we had a terrific cabbie. It's not a super long drive, but he made the time fly.
- I'm very happy being so close to getting home. Listening to people talk for three days, with multiple buffets on all the days can be quite draining
- And I skipped breakfast
- SCORE! Full can of diet coke.
- I still can't figure out this seat.
- Oh, apparently it only goes back a few centimetres
- This has to be the warmest plane I've ever been in. Unfortunate, as it's probably the most comfortable in every other way.
- The nicest thing about going to these conferences is becoming friends with the people that you work with everyday (some I've never met in person).
- That being said, Pilots still have the coolest jobs.